When it comes to pest control, you want to work with the best in the business. In general, there are several factors to consider when choosing a pest control company. Transparency, safety, and a good reputation are just three of the many traits of a trustworthy exterminator. At Rentokil, we know that you have the safety of your home and family at the top of your priority list. To ensure you are choosing the right exterminator for you, we are sharing the top questions to always ask of your exterminator. Read on to learn more.
How to Choose the Best Pest Control Company
Whether you’re a new homeowner looking to get pest control or want to switch companies, here are the top 4 questions to ask:
1. Are your pest control treatments safe for my family and pets?
When you work with a professional, pest control is completely safe for you and your family. In fact, trying to administer pest control products you picked up from your local store is actually more dangerous. Always choose a company that:
- Uses EPA-approved products
- Is committed to an eco-friendly approach
- Focuses on pest prevention and IPM practices
2. Are the pest control technicians trained and licensed?
A trustworthy pest control company will be able to show that they have comparable licenses and insurance to the most established and reputable exterminators. When you work with a company like Rentokil, you can trust that their accreditations are displayed for their customers.
In addition, look for companies that regularly train their technicians on the latest and greatest methods in the pest control industry. This will always put that company above the rest.
3. What is your pest control process?
Any pest control expert knows there is no one-size-fits-all solution for every pest infestation. Always look for a company that will work with you to customize a pest control plan suited to the unique needs of your home or business. This is best done with:
- Regular inspections of your property to pinpoint pest problems or issues that may contribute to future pest problems.
- Customized pest control plans that focus on targeted treatments around your home and exclusion efforts to keep pests away.
- Open communication. A good pest control company is transparent with you about the treatments needed on your property.
4. Does your company get good reviews?
Online reviews can make or break a company. When choosing the right exterminator, make sure to check out their ratings and reviews on Google or their website. If a pest control company is truly professional, they should have nothing to hide. If you can’t find a link to their reviews on their website, ask to see what customers have said about them.
Utah and Idaho’s Trusted Pest Control Experts
If you’re looking to work with a pest control company you can trust, look no further than Rentokil. We are proud to earn the trust of every business we work with by providing friendly, effective, reliable pest control. Reach out to us today to get started!
Top Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Pest Control Company in Salt Lake County and Northern Utah
Serving Northern Utah and Southern Idaho since 1999