The presence of wasps can have a paralyzing effect on many people. If they’re out in your flowerbeds, you might freeze up as they fly by to avoid being stung, and if they’re in your house, you can’t get comfortable. Although wasps are beneficial insects, regulating their local food chains and keeping gardens healthy in turn, having too many of them around your house can be frightening and put you at risk of many stings. If you need an exterminator for wasps in Northern Utah, Specialized Pest Control & Lawn Care has your back!
How to Keep Wasps AwayToo often, people call us to say that there are wasps inside their house or that they’ve taken over their backyard. To keep wasps away on your own, there are a few things you can do:
- Close off entry points. Look around your house for gaps in your roofing, attic, basement, or other places outside that you suspect could be leading them in.
- Eliminate food sources. Wasps like sweet foods and high protein foods. Make sure not to leave out soda cans, fruit, or other food waste.
- Prepare for wasp nests. Rubbing under your roof with a bar of soap, spraying a vinegar solution, or placing aluminum foil in suspected nesting areas can all work as DIY wasp pest control solutions.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
How to Get Rid of Wasps in Northern UtahPreventing wasps is one thing, but wasp removal is a different story. Many people ask us how to get rid of wasps with vinegar or other homemade solutions, but the truth is, wasp removal is best handled by professionals. If you find a wasp nest on your property, here are the steps you should take:
- Leave their nest alone. Wasps are easily agitated and will sting you without much warning.
- Don’t swat them away. When wasps feel threatened, they will release a pheromone that tells other wasps to aid in their attack.
- Call a wasp removal specialist. A professional pest control technician will know how to get rid of wasps on your property with safe and effective techniques.
Professional Wasp Pest ControlIt’s better to play it safe when it comes to wasp removal. Wasp nests can contain dozens of individual wasps, ready to sting repeatedly. If you need wasp pest control in Northern Utah, contact the wasp nest removal experts at Specialized Pest Control & Lawn Care. For a free quote or to learn more about our processes, contact us today!
How to Get Rid of Wasps in Salt Lake County and Northern Utah
Serving Northern Utah and Southern Idaho since 1999