How to Treat Bed Bug Bites
If you have mild symptoms, it’s easy to treat bed bug bites right at home. For bed bug bites to heal properly, refrain from itching them. There are also several over-the-counter treatments that you can purchase to help heal bed bug bites.
When it comes to treating bed bug bites on your own, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Bites will usuallyl heal on their own in one to two week’s time.
- You can use over-the-counter pain relievers to reduce swelling, itching, and pain.
- Applying hydrocortisone cream will help to relieve itching.
Bed Bug Bite Treatments
It’s important to properly take care of your bed bug bites. When you notice a bite, wash the area with water and mild soap. If you leave soap on your bites without rinsing it off, it can aid in itch relief. Washing your bites can also prevent secondary skin infections. From there, you can try a number of different treatments and medicines to relieve bed bug bite symptoms:
- Apply an anti-itch cream that contains hydrocortisone, paying attention to the label’s instructions.
- Use calamine lotion on bites to reduce the itching sensation. This can also protect your skin as it recovers from any rashes.
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers to help with pain resulting from the bite. You can also take an oral antihistamine to minimize any allergic reaction that occurs.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How Long Do Bed Bug Bites Take to Heal?
If you refrain from scratching it, a bed bug bite will heal in just a week or two. As tempting as it may be, scratching the bites will only worsen your symptoms and delay the healing process. For people that usually develop harsh symptoms from insect bites, healing may take a little bit longer, but the process shouldn’t last longer than a month.
Can You Treat Bed Bug Bites On Your Own?
Thankfully, you can almost always treat bed bug bites by yourself at home. If symptoms persist or worsen over time, make sure to consult a medical professional. It’s also important to hire a professional bed bug exterminator to eliminate the infestation so you never have to worry about treating bed bug bites again!
How to Treat Bed Bug Bites in Salt Lake County and Northern Utah
Serving Northern Utah and Southern Idaho since 1999