Do it Yourself Bed Bug Treatment
Bed bug removal is most successful when entrusted to professional exterminators, but there are several DIY bed bug treatments you might want to try at home. While these won’t eliminate a full-blown infestation, some of then have been shown to lessen the severity of an outbreak.
While some of these are more effective than others, a few common DIY bed bug treatments include:
- Washing linens
- Baking soda
- Dryer sheets & moth balls
- Diatomaceous earth, and more
How to Eliminate Bed Bugs By Yourself in Northern Utah
There are three things that you can do to successfully help get rid of bed bugs on your property.
- Vacuuming: Thoroughly vacuum your entire home, giving extra attention to any bed bug hotspots, such as between wall joints and underneath furniture. Add attachments to reach inaccessible areas and to effectively vacuum pillows, cushions, and more. Be sure to empty the contents of the vacuum bag into a trash can outdoors.
- Wash bedding: High heat reliably kills bed bugs. Take all of the linens off of your bed and place them into the washing machine. Wash the bedding at a high temperature (at least 140°F) for over 90 minutes at least.
- Freezing: Temperatures below freezing can also kill off bed bugs. The temperature of the freezer that you’re using must remain at or below 0°F. Leave infested materials in the freezer for four days or longer as needed.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Natural Bed Bug Treatments
Tea tree oil, diatomaceous earth, baking soda, dryer sheets, and other more natural methods don’t actually work as reliable bed bug exterminators. While these methods can possibly help to kill off some bed bugs, they will never work as exhaustive bed bug extermination agents. Regardless, some of these may be able to diminish the severity of the infestation and are worth a shot.
What to Do When DIY Bed Bug Treatment Fails
To get rid of bed bugs completely, you’ll most likely need the help of a professional bed bug exterminator. No one wants to deal with bed bugs hanging around, which is why it’s best to enlist the expertise of trained, certified professionals who can take care of the problem efficiently and exhaustively!
Do it Yourself Bed Bug Treatment in Salt Lake County and Northern Utah
Serving Northern Utah and Southern Idaho since 1999