How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Northern Utah
When someone comes down with a bed bug problem, it can be easy to wonder how they infested your property in the first place. To avoid the discovery of a bed bug problem, it’s best to learn how to prevent them.
To prevent bed bugs in Northern Utah, here’s what to do:
- When traveling, inspect hotel rooms and properly store luggage.
- Protect your bedding by getting a mattress cover.
- Declutter your property as much and as often as possible.
- Be wary of bringing used furniture inside.
- Learn how to recognize the signs of a bed bug problem.
How Are Bed Bugs Prevented?
When it comes to bed bugs, they will infest any property that provides them with what they need to survive: human hosts! No matter how clean or messy your home or business in, bed bugs do not discriminate when choosing where to infest. This makes preventing them a little more difficult than preventing other types of pests. Still, there are a number of ways you can stay vigilant about protecting yourself and your family from bed bugs all year long! By staying educated about the very real threat of bed bugs, you can lessen the risk of having a problem down the road.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Tips Prevent Bed Bugs in Your Home
Staying protected against bed bugs simply means knowing how to keep safe in high-risk situations! Our best tips to prevent bed bugs are:
- Recognize the signs of bed bugs. Look for fecal spots, blood spots, and bed bug bites.
- Be cautious of used furniture. Always thoroughly inspect second hand items before bringing them indoors.
- Cover your power outlets. Electrical outlets are ideal hiding spots for bugs. Cover them with a simple plug to eliminate their chances of getting in.
- Protect your mattress. Using a cover that is resistant to holes and tears can help protect your bed from bugs!
- Take travel precautions. Research your hotel, pack clothes in vacuum-sealed bags, and always store your suitcase above the ground.
- Regularly clean and inspect! Look for signs of bed bugs, vacuum your floor, check pet beds, and keep a clutter-free environment.
What Attracts Bed Bugs in Northern Utah?
Even if you keep your home clean constantly, bed bugs can still infest, as they aren’t attracted to mess as other pests are. the cleanest property can come down with bed bugs! Once they’ve infested your property, though, there are several things that attract them to take up residence. They are not attracted to dirt or grime, but rather warmth and blood. As long as they have a host to feed on, bed bugs will infest any residence.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Northern Utah in Salt Lake County and Northern Utah
Serving Northern Utah and Southern Idaho since 1999