Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away?
To keep bed bugs away, it’s crucial to avoid bringing them into your property. Bed bugs are not picky and will infest any property.
The four best ways to keep bed bugs away:
- Know the signs of bed bugs.
- Be wary of buying used items.
- Be cautious when traveling.
- Take precautions at home.
4 Tips to Keep Bed Bugs Away
Keeping bed bugs out of your home requires the knowledge of their behaviors.
- Learn how to recognize the signs of a problem early on. Bed bugs will leave dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery. Their bites can leave blood spots on bedding and red, itchy marks on your skin.
- Before bringing used items into your property, thoroughly inspect them for signs of bed bugs.
- Cover power outlets with a plug and cover your mattress with a protector to take away bed bugs’ top hiding places.
- When traveling, inspect your hotel room and take care when unpacking your suitcase upon returning home.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Preventing a Bed Bug Infestation in Northern Utah
In addition to the above tips, there are several more general ways you can help lessen the risk of a bed bug problem in your property. Be careful about using shared laundry facilities or laundromats. If you live in a dorm or apartment building, take extra care in safeguarding your home from bed bugs. In general, always be on the lookout for bed bug problems in your home or business to avoid a full-blown infestation.
How to Keep Bed Bugs Away—For Good
It can be difficult to know what the best way to prevent bed bugs is. In sum, it’s smart to stay proactive at all times. Whether you’re traveling, have a college student coming home from school for the holidays, or have a neighbor with a bed bug problem, it’s important to take every step possible to keep bed bugs out of your property. Teaming up with your local bed bug specialists can ensure you stay safe from bed bug activity year-round.
Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away? in Salt Lake County and Northern Utah
Serving Northern Utah and Southern Idaho since 1999